New enableHR templates to reflect superannuation changes
30 June 2021
From 1 July 2021, superannuation will increase by half a per cent to 10 per cent. Following this increase, the superannuation guarantee is legislated to rise by half a per cent each year until it reaches 12 per cent by 2025.
In addition to increasing the employer superannuation contribution, employers are required to pay a worker’s superannuation into their existing super fund (if they do not nominate a preferred super fund).
To ensure businesses are compliant with these changes, we’ve updated enableHR with new templates. enableHR’s clients can now access these templates when they log into the platform and include:
- Employment Agreement – Casual – Award Covered – Contract.
- Employment Agreement – Casual – Non-Award Covered – Contract.
- Employment Agreement – Full-Time – Award Covered – Contract.
- Employment Agreement – Full-Time – Award Covered – Maximum Term – Contract.
- Employment Agreement – Full-Time – Non-Award Covered – Fixed Term – Contract.
- Employment Agreement – Part-Time – Award Covered – Contract.
- Employment Agreement Part-Time –Award Covered – Maximum Term.
- Employment Agreement Part-Time – Non-Award – Maximum Term.
- Employment Agreement Part-Time – Non-Award Covered.
- Employment Agreement Part-Time – Award Non-Covered.
Whilst it is important to ensure you issue all new employees with the updated contracts of employment available within the platform, it is not necessary that you issue new contracts to your existing employees.
The team at enableHR has written a detailed article on the changes to superannuation which you can read here.
In addition, many businesses can absorb the increase to superannuation in relation to those employees who are paid a Total Remuneration Salary (TRP). To assist businesses who wish to absorb this increase within an employee’s TRP, we have created a template notification letter labelled Superannuation Increase Letter. This letter is available to enableHR’s clients and can be found inside the platform.
If you’re a client, should you have any questions about the information in this article, please contact the Client Success Team – we’re always here to support you.
Compliance is our strength, and we love helping others achieve it. With the resources available in enableHR, you’ll have everything you need to be 100% compliant when managing your people.
See enableHR in action today! Contact us to learn more about how we can help your business get compliance right – all the time.
Don’t get caught out this (public) holiday season!